- A stronger, thinner mouthguard that won't cave under impact
- Gives athletes the freedom to talk, breathe, and drink
- Custom fit, remoldable, and can be fitted with braces (for athletes with braces we recommend the adult size mouth guard)
- Junior size for the younger player
Fitting the SISU with braces
- Use the right size. All athletes ages 7 and up must use the adult size SISU, the SISU Aero Guard, to fit with braces.
- Work with your dental professional. Braces are an investment in time and money, so you want to do it right. During critical times when your teeth are undergoing rigorous adjustments, your orthodontist may recommend an alternative solution, so not to hinder the progress of your treatment. Work with your dental professional to help you fit, and re-fit, your SISU when you come in for your adjustments.
- Use a barrier between the guard and your brackets. When submerged in hot water, the hard polymer SISU is made of will become soft and pliable. In this state, the mouth guard can bond with the dental brackets or any other polymer in your mouth. To prevent it, you should use a wax or foil barrier between the guard and the brackets. The good news is that you should only use the barrier during the fitting process. Once fitted, you can wear the guard right over the braces during games or practices.
- As your teeth shift refit the guard. As your teeth shift during the orthodontic treatment, the mouthguard should be adjusted to fit your new shape. The guard is remoldable for up to 20 times, so you can continue using it, as your teeth shift and move. Simply bring it with you for each adjustment and it can be re-fitted right in the office with a bit of hot water (and the barrier). No impressions required!